Anyone who thinks they know everything there is to know about social media is wrong.
As Allan says – it’s too big, too strong and too fast to conquer. The best we can do is become its humble students, suck up as much knowledge as we can and experiment, experiment, experiment.
Allan Blair Beaton is familiar with experiments – he calls himself a ‘social media scientist’. Allan helps businesses big and small with social media, whether they’re just starting out or optimising across multiple countries and brands. Allan’s also a former UK Ambassador for HootSuite and considered the UK’s best HootSuite expert.
We talked about:
• What excites Allan about the future of social;
• Why Allan doesn’t believe people can have relationships with brands;
• How brands should avoid intruding on people’s social experiences;
• The importance of the people within brands;
• The ‘generation gap’ harming brands on social media;
• The scary stat about social CMOs;
• And the biggest dark hole stopping brands building relationships with consumers.