I’m taking a trip down memory lane on the podcast today as I chat to Phoebe Hugh, the co-founder and CEO of insurance startup Brolly.
Seeing the Brolly crew in their element reminded me of Reevoo in its early days – and judging from my chat with Phoebe, they have an exciting road ahead of them.
Brolly is billing itself as a ‘personal insurance concierge’ – basically, the old-school version of customer service delivered in a distinctly new-school way. Brolly will use AI and machine learning to suggest the right types of cover.
We talked about:
• The good and bad of the insurance industry in its current state;
• What customers are expecting from insurers today;
• The confusing role of loyalty and trust in insurance;
• What ‘true personalisation’ means;
• 3 key areas that Brolly is setting out to help with;
• How a roof tile sums up the broken insurance system;
• Brolly’s pursuit to steer insurance away from being a grudge purchase;
• Whether to hire tech people or insurance people;
• The people inspiring Phoebe on her journey;
• And the future Brolly vision.
People Tell Richard Stuff: Episode 37
Phoebe Hugh, co-Founder & CEO, Brolly
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | RSS